Friday, February 19, 2010

IN A PERFECT WORLD


IN A PERFECT WORLD
What She Should Know

She came to me like the midnight wind. No anticipation, no hesitation.
She came like she was someone from an unknown past
As if she was someone I had known all my life
And yet a certain mystery is still unraveled

She came to me like a dream. A place I cant get to while I'm wide awake
She came like she was someone I have imagined
As if she was someone I've always wanted
And yet no matter how I try, I know I can only have her in my sweet slumber

She came to me like the moon. Her light shined through my dark night
She came like she was the only one I can see
As if no one else in my world existed
And yet I was just a star in her sky she hardly recognized

She came to me like a rainbow. With a pot of gold at its end I had wished for
She came like she was someone who's gone through the rain
As if she will never see the sunlight again
And yet as I saw the colors brightly, she only saw black and white

She came to me like the sun. She was the beginning and the end of my day
She came like a promise of every tomorrow
As if she was the hope that my heart was waiting for
And yet into the horizon she slowly vanished right before my eyes

She came to me like little Cupid. With his arrow piercing through my heart
She came like she was a myth of love and beauty
As if she was all I will ever need in my life
And yet like any other story, my fairytale ended

She came to me like an angel. So heavenly. So divine
She came like she was sent from above just for me
As if she was there to lead me to my destiny
And yet fate took its turn and brought me back to reality

Will she ever come to me again?
Will she come and stay with me for a while?
As if we could have all the time in the world together
And yet in the end all I'll ever have with me are memories of her

Maybe I'll see her again
Maybe in my dreams again
Maybe one day, in a perfect world
Maybe someday, in another lifetime, with her again


Cheers!!

~joyous =0)

No comments:

Post a Comment